A great way to get everyone involved with a dish is by sitting around at a table, catching up, having a few drinks, and making homemade Chinese pork dumplings together. Equally as fun, is frying them up quickly, making a few dipping sauces and enjoying the fruits of the labor while washing it down with even more drinks and conversation.
One of our favorite appetizers to serve when we have guests are pork & vegetable Asian dumplings. It’s simple to cook as long as you have a good non-stick pan. These are so easy with only 7 ingredients and absolutely delicious.Print
Homemade Chinese Pork Dumplings
- Prep Time: 30 min.
- Cook Time: 15. min.
- Total Time: 45 mins. to 1 hour
- Yield: 6-8
- Category: appetizer
- Method: fry or boil
- Cuisine: Chinese
- minced pork (1 lb.)
- Olive Oil (only if frying)
- Season minced pork with salt and pepper.
- Finely chop the cabbage and scallion greens (reserve a bit of the white parts for the sauce)
- Mix above ingredients by hand and mold quarter-inch balls (about the size of a thumbnail).
- Individually put pork ball onto the center of a wonton skin and pinch the top and the sides to create a crescent shape.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of oil into the frypan
- place dumplings (make sure to give each some space for an even cook) and add enough water into the pan that it covers about half of the dumplings.
- Bring the heat to high until the water boils, then bring to medium for the rest of the way through.
- You’ll know it’s done when all the water has evaporated.
- It is important to use a good pan such as the Bialetti fry pan as the textured interior allows oil to distribute evenly and not pool to one side for more even cooking and browning.
- This is very important when trying to get a crispy bottom.
- Garnish with chopped scallion greens and serve with soy sauce, sesame oil, & vinegar.
- Serve straight from the pan.
If you prefer, you can also boil without adding oil by adding dumplings to a bit stockpot full or water, when the dumplings rise to the surface, it will be done and cooked. Serve with the same sauce.
Any remainder dumplings will easily be stored in freezer.
Keywords: Homemade Chinese Pork Dumplings