There was one day while we were in London when Andrew looked in the fridge for inspiration on what to cook. An easy pasta dish with the strays in the crisper was what he decided to make. Found were cherry tomatoes and a little spinach. He continued to look around the pantry and found a few more ingredients to add.Print
Easy Orecchiette with Tomatoes and Spinach
Easy simple main pasta dish with things you can find in your pantry.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins.
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 lb. Orecchiette Pasta
- Cherry Tomatoes (1 pint or whatever you have leftover) - doesn't have to be cherry tomatoes, whatever type of tomatoes will do fine.
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- Spinach or any other green vegetable you have (doesn't need to be measured whatever you want)
- Dried Chilis ( optional but is so good if you have it )
- Olive Oil
- Grated Parmesan
- White Wine
- Bring large pot of water to boil with a handful of salt
- While that boils slice garlic, cut tomatoes in half or bite sized pieces.
- Slice dried chilies roughly.
- Once water has boiled, add pasta and cook 2 minutes before the package indicates
- While the pasta cooks, Add 2 - 3 tablespoons of olive oil in hot pan
- Immediately add tomatoes toss for 30 seconds
- Add garlic until it softens but not burn (10 -15 seconds)
- Add spinach until wilts just a little bit.
- Add white wine and let it evaporate.
- Add pasta to the pan with all other ingredients and reserve 1 cup of the pasta water to the side
- Toss pasta together with pan ingredients, add a little bit of salted water to make a light sauce.
- Serve in warm plates
- Add Parmesan
- Dress with a little more olive oil on top
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: Easy Orecchiette with Tomatoes and Spinach, Orecchiette with tomatoes and Spinach, pasta with tomatoes, spinach
What came out of it was a delicious and simple dish, inspired by the region of Puglia. Usually, this dish would use Orecchiette pasta, which originates from this region, but because he couldn't find Orecchiette, he used a pasta that was close to resembling its shape.
Give it a try and let us know your thoughts and pin it!