Spaghetti Alla Carbonara
We recently viewed, Roman Holiday, starring the beautiful Audrey Hepburn and the equally stunning Gregory Peck, for the first time with our daughter. This film was filmed exclusively in Rome, Italy and when scenes of famous sites made it onto the screen, the three of us couldn't help but reminisce the many wonderful trips we have taken in the Eternal City.
Whenever we land in Rome, our tradition as a family is to have Spaghetti Carbonara as our first meal. Our affinity for the dish is directly related to our love for the town. So, when we are back home and want to take ourselves away to Rome (figuratively) we whip up some Carbonara. Here is the simple Easy Weeknight Meals recipe.Print
Easy Carbonara Recipe
A very easy weeknight Spaghetti Carbonara recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 mins.
- Cook Time: 20 mins.
- Total Time: 30 mins.
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Pasta
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1/2 lb. Traditional, Guanciale is used. If not available, feel free to use pancetta or bacon
- 4 very fresh, organic large eggs at room temperature
- 1 lb. dry spaghetti
- 1/4 lb. grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Bring large pot of water to boil and add 1 tablespoon of salt
- Add spaghetti to boiling water and cook until one minute before suggested cooking time on box
- In the meantime, dice meat
- Put meat in skillet with olive oil over medium heat
- Cook meat (not too crispy)
- Crack eggs into large bowl, lightly beat eggs
- When pasta is cooked, fold pasta into eggs immediately because it will cook eggs. (reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water)
- While tossing pasta with eggs, slowly add pasta water, one teaspoon at a time (it helps bind the sauce and separates the pasta)
- Add cheese, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, black pepper onto bowl and continue to fold in ingredients
- Add cooked meat and mix in (for bold flavor, add the grease into mixture)
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: carbonara, easy carbonara recipe, spaghetti alla carbonara, spaghetti carbonara